Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Love Master ( Poem )

http://drewlesso.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=42&Itemid=43

You became disenchanted with wanting Valentinoes,
A prolong trek to this journey's end,
Now that you've come, I welcome you,
to cast aside fear and shame,
for I am he, the Love Master,
Viceroy of Joy, Prince of Pleasure,
Jealous Othello, wise Solomon,
Or any name you choose to select
from the repertoire of love.
Did you think I would look different,
Indeed a glittering diamond crown,
A velvet fez, a mystic turban,
Placed aesthetically on my head.
Did you think I would have a robe,
Embroidered with fine threads of gold,
A wizard's wand, a black-faced ring,
And a hocus-pocus stare.
I do not have costly diamond rings
On my smoke-stained calloused hands;
Earrings studded in my ears
As with Gypsy vagabonds ...

No comments: