Thursday, January 13, 2011

Let Me Set the Record Straight ( Poem )

'
Let me set the record straight
My hands are the holder of your fate:
your back's turned away from love
your face countenance hate,
you've got to listen
before it's too late.
It's time you get acquainted
with my position,
go online for my disposition,
change your direction
or face perdition.
I'm finished with procrastination,
take heed - my prognostication
I hereby reveal
there's no escaping from the real,
if you can feel,
here's the real deal:
Laws contradicting laws,
Justice a lost cause,
like being trapped in a shark's jaws,
believing in Humpty- Dumpty
and Santa Claus -
head wrapped in gauze
because of flashlight therapy
by an overactive deputy.

But in days ahead - years hence
the millennium
a people will flee their condominium,
like in days of yore
when the slaves took o'er
plantations from their masters -
started revolution
the dissolution
of mental submission
crushed physical manumission
ending an age of vintage bondage.

Let me set the record straight
It's coming once again
it's around the bend
governments abusing power,
politicians in ivory towers,
rich getting richer,
poor getting poorer,
desperation and despair
growing by the hour,
belief in gods and justice
tasteless and sour.

No comments: